Skip to main content

Transfer Evaluation Guidelines and Matrix

In the yellow box below, type the name of an institution to view a list of BYU–Hawaii course equivalents. If you are transferring credits earned prior to 2010, please contact Admissions directly for assistance.

  • Toggle Item
    Where do I send my transcript?

    See Transcript Submission page for more details

  • Toggle Item
    Advanced Placement (AP) Credit Equivalencies

    See AP Credit Matrix for more details.

  • Toggle Item
    Will my Associate's degree transfer?

    Associate's degrees (AAS, AGS, AS, AA, ALS) from accredited colleges and universities will be accepted to complete GE requirements, with the additional course work of Advanced Writing English 315.

    Starting Fall 2016: For any student transferring in credit without an associate's degree listed above, credits will be reviewed course by course to grant equivalencies or substitutions. Total credits transferred will also be considered.

    Please contact the Academic Advising office if you have more questions about your associate's degree.

  • Toggle Item
    If I already have a four-year degree, can I earn another one at BYU–Hawaii?

    In keeping with its mission to educate as many students as possible, BYU–Hawaii does not admit students for a second bachelor's degree.

  • Toggle Item
    Transfer Evaluation Process

    About a month after decisions go out for each semester, our Transfer Evaluation Team begins processing the transcripts that have been sent to us by applicants that reported transfer credits.

    It takes our team 2-3 weeks to process all of the transcripts and post them to the BYUH Student Center.

    All admits with transfer credit will receive an email containing a Transfer Evaluation Report once an evaluation has been complete.

    Please contact our office or your academic advisor with any questions about transfer evaluations.