In recognition of sound leadership and a proven commitment to study, exemplary missionaries who are from or have served in the Pacific Rim, but who do not qualify for the I-WORK financial aid program, may be selected by their mission president to receive equivalent to one-half tuition award for one semester to BYU–Hawaii.
- The prospective student is from or has served a full-time mission in the Pacific Rim (South Pacific and the Far East).
- The prospective student is a returned missionary with an honorable release within the past year (must be admitted to BYU–Hawaii within 12 months of release).
- The prospective student must first be accepted to attend BYU–Hawaii.
- The recipient is a new freshman or transfer student enrolled in a minimum of 14 credit hours per semester. Former BYU–Hawaii students do not qualify.
- The recipient commits to abide by the Honor Code.
- The recipient must be admitted and have completed the Intent to Enroll onboarding process. This will activate his/her's student account, which he/she will need to do, before filling out the RM Voucher Form.
- This will initiate the RM Voucher process.
- Once this form is submitted, it will go directly to the mission president via email. The mission president will need to complete the Mission President Recommendation form and submit to Admissions.
- This process could take up to 7 - 10 business days or longer, depending on reliable technology for the mission president. Mission areas differ outside of the U.S. domestic area.
- The recipient should contact Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure that the recommendation has been received. Once it has been confirmed, the recipient should contact Financial Aid Office (email@example.com) at BYU–Hawaii prior to arriving on campus to confirm the award.
Mission President needs to submit the voucher within six months of the first day of the first semester on campus.
**Mission President has up to 6 vouchers he can nominate to receive the award per the calendar year.
Each voucher is redeemable for the amount equal to one-half tuition for the first semester of enrollment at BYU–Hawaii.
For more information on the returned missionary voucher program, please contact: