BYU–Hawaii Freshman Admissions Criteria
- Ecclesiastical endorsement.
- High school transcripts with an average of 5 out of 9 (Korea Grading Scale) or a 2.5 GPA on a US equivalent grading scale.
- Meet the English test requirement.
- Seminary attendance, full-time missionary service, leadership responsibilities, and extracurricular activities may also be used as determining factors in admission decisions.
- For homeschooled students; GED (Geom Jeong Go Si) is acceptable with an aggregate score of at least 640 or better and an ACT test score of 21 or better.
For more information on how to submit your transcripts, see Transcript Submission.
BYU–Hawaii BYU-Pathway Partnership Program
BYU–Hawaii and BYU-Pathway Worldwide announced a new partnership that will expand educational options for international students. Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Complete BYU-Pathway’s foundational PathwayConnect curriculum with a minimum 3.0 GPA or higher and/or complete BYU-Pathway Worldwide certificate and/or associate degree.
The completion of a BYU-Pathway Worldwide program will waive BYU–Hawaii’s English proficiency and high school diploma/secondary education requirements.
For more information, please visit BYU–Hawaii BYU-Pathway Partnership Program.