Holomua 2022 is a one-week in-person college preparation experience at the Brigham Young University–Hawaii campus. Its focus is to equip high school students with greater tools to prepare them for success as they move forward toward higher education. Some activities will include preparing for and taking the ACT, visiting the Polynesian Cultural Center, and interacting with the majors offered at the school. Holomua 2023 application will open on December 1, 2022, and will close on April 3, 2023.
|When||July 17-22, 2023|
|Who||High school students graduating in 2024|
|Cost||To be announced|
|Application Fee||$25 (non-refundable fee to apply)|
Goals of Holomua
- Introduce students to the benefits and expectations of BYU–Hawaii.
- Help high school juniors as they transition into their senior year and visualize themselves as successful students at BYU–Hawaii.
- Increase the opportunity for more students from our target area; Hawaii, South Pacific, and Asia to attend BYU–Hawaii.
- Preferably high school junior (2022-2023) or international equivalent.
- BYU–Hawaii international applicants must be able to obtain a B-2 visitor visa if traveling from outside the United States.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA above 2.8 or an international equivalent.
- Read and agree to live by the BYU–Hawaii Honor Code - including Dress & Grooming, as well as Residential Living Standards.
- Have an interest in contributing to the mission of BYU–Hawaii: learn, lead, build.
Holomua 2021 Highlights