Holomua 2021 is a three-day virtual and optional 2-day in-person college preparation experience at Brigham Young University–Hawaii campus. Its focus is to equip high school students with greater tools to prepare them for success as they move forward toward higher education.
|When||July 12-16, 2021|
|Who||High school students graduating in 2022|
|Cost||$150 for Hybrid (Virtual and In-person, no housing)
$100 Virtual only
|Application Fee||$25 (non-refundable fee to apply)|
Goals of Holomua
- Introduce students to the benefits and expectations of BYU–Hawaii.
- Help high school juniors as they transition into their senior year and visualize themselves as successful students at BYU–Hawaii.
- Increase the opportunity for more students from our target area; Hawaii, South Pacific, and Asia to attend BYU–Hawaii.
- Preferably high school junior (2020-2021) or international equivalent.
- BYU–Hawaii International applicants must be able to obtain a B-2 visitor visa if traveling from outside the United States.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA above 2.8 or an international equivalent.
- Read and agree to live by the BYU–Hawaii Honor Code - including Dress & Grooming, as well as Residential Living Standards.
- Have an interest in contributing to the mission of BYU–Hawaii: Learn, Lead, Build.
Holomua 2021 Highlights