BYU–Hawaii Admissions Criteria
- Complete Form 7 (So. Pacific 7th Form Certificate) passing exams in five (5) academic subjects (one must be English) with a score of 50 (achieved) or higher in each course. --OR--
- Complete the University of South Pacific “Foundation Program” taking a minimum of seven courses (one must be English) with a “C” grade or better in each course. --OR--
Complete one full year at the Tonga Institute of Education or the Tonga Institute of Higher Education with a C or better in each course.
*Completing one year of PathwayConnect (three semesters) with a 3.00 cumulative GPA or higher, may satisfy our one-year university requirement. In order for us to verify the completion of this requirement and accept transfer credits, you must submit official Pathway transcript(s) for all three semesters.
- Meet the English test requirement
- Maturity acquired through missionary service, military service, and work experience will also be favorably considered
- Meet other admissions criteria such as a clear ecclesiastical endorsement, minimum family financial contribution, etc.
For more information on how to submit your transcripts, see International Transcript Submission.
Important Notice From BYU–Hawaii Regarding A Level, Form Seven, and Foundation Level Courses
Effective for applications submitted from and including winter 2014, BYU–Hawaii will no longer award transfer (cross) credits for results on form seven (or equivalent), A level and foundation level courses. These results are considered pre-degree and will be used as an indicator of academic preparation in the admissions index.