BYU–Hawaii Freshman Admissions Criteria
- Complete Form 7 (So. Pacific 7th Form Certificate) passing exams in five (5) academic subjects (one must be English) with a score of 50 (achieved) or higher in each course. --OR--
- Complete the University of South Pacific “Foundation Program” taking a minimum of seven courses (one must be English) with a “C” grade or better in each course. --OR--
- Complete the TNFSC (Tonga National Form Seven Certificate) passing exams in five (5) academic subjects (one must be English) and submit your transcripts.
- Meet the English test requirement
- Maturity acquired through missionary service, military service, and work experience will also be favorably considered
- Meet other admissions criteria such as a clear ecclesiastical endorsement, minimum family financial contribution, etc.
For more information on how to submit your transcripts, see International Transcript Submission.
Important Notice From BYUH Regarding A Level, Form Seven, and Foundation Level Courses
Effective for applications submitted from and including winter 2014, BYU–Hawaii will no longer award transfer (cross) credits for results on form seven (or equivalent), A level and foundation level courses. These results are considered pre-degree and will be used as an indicator of academic preparation in the admissions index.
BYU–Hawaii BYU-Pathway Partnership Program
BYU–Hawaii and BYU-Pathway Worldwide announced a new partnership that will expand educational options for international students. Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Complete BYU-Pathway’s foundational PathwayConnect curriculum with a minimum 3.0 GPA or higher and/or complete BYU-Pathway Worldwide certificate and/or associate degree.
The completion of a BYU-Pathway Worldwide program will waive BYU–Hawaii’s English proficiency and high school diploma/secondary education requirements.
For more information, please visit BYU–Hawaii BYU-Pathway Partnership Program.