BYU–Hawaii Freshman Admissions Criteria
- Complete Form 7 (So. Pacific 7th Form Certificate) passing exams in five (5) academic subjects (one must be English) with a score of 50(Achieved) or better in each course. --OR--
- Complete University Preparatory Year (UPY) at the NUS taking a minimum of seven courses (English plus six others), with a grade of 50 (C3) or higher in each course. (Grades are A1-E; A1=A+, A2 = A, A3=A-, etc.)-- OR-- successful completion of USP Foundation Program (students should have at least a C grade or better in at least 7 courses).
- Meet the English test requirement.
- Meet other admissions criteria such as a clear ecclesiastical endorsement, minimum family financial contribution, etc.
Important Notice From BYUH regarding A Level, Form Seven, and Foundation Level Courses.
Effective for applications submitted from and including winter 2014, BYU–Hawaii will no longer award transfer (cross) credits for results on form seven (or equivalent), A level, and foundation level courses. These results are considered pre-degree and will be used as an indicator of academic preparation in the admissions index.
Missionary and community service, work experience, and age may also be used as determining factors in admission.
For more information on how to submit your transcripts, see International Transcript Submission.
BYU–Hawaii BYU-Pathway Partnership Program
BYU–Hawaii and BYU-Pathway Worldwide announced a new partnership that will expand educational options for international students. Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Complete BYU-Pathway’s foundational PathwayConnect curriculum with a minimum 3.0 GPA or higher and/or complete BYU-Pathway Worldwide certificate and/or associate degree.
The completion of a BYU-Pathway Worldwide program will waive BYU–Hawaii’s English proficiency and high school diploma/secondary education requirements.
For more information, please visit BYU–Hawaii BYU-Pathway Partnership Program.