BYU–Hawaii Freshman Admissions Criteria
- Submit results of NCEA/NZQA must include level 3 with a minimum of 42 credits.
- Meet the admissions criteria such as a clear ecclesiastical endorsement, minimum family financial contribution, etc.
- Missionary and community service, work experience, and age may also be used as determining factors in admission.
For more information on how to submit your transcripts, see Transcript Submission.
BYU–Hawaii BYU-Pathway Partnership Program
BYU–Hawaii and BYU-Pathway Worldwide announced a new partnership that will expand educational options for international students. Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Complete BYU-Pathway’s foundational PathwayConnect curriculum with a minimum 3.0 GPA or higher and/or complete a BYU-Pathway Worldwide certificate and/or associate degree.
The completion of a BYU-Pathway Worldwide program will waive BYU–Hawaii’s English proficiency and high school diploma/secondary education requirements.
For more information, please visit BYU–Hawaii Pathway Partnership Program.
Transfer Admissions Criteria
- Complete a minimum of 24 semester hours of credit from a recognized tertiary institution with grades equivalent to a “B” average (US system).
- Meet other admissions criteria such as a clear ecclesiastical endorsement, minimum family financial contribution, etc.
Transfer Credit Articulation
- Students who take the Bursary Examinations will receive college credit for each exam in which they receive a score of 46 (C) or higher.
- Students who enroll at the University of the South Pacific will receive college credit on a course-by-course evaluation.